Saturday 10 August 2013


I have always found that rooms tell a lot about someone. I think it has something to do with the fact that our rooms are our own private sanctuaries, where we can practise our passions and dreams and have no-one looking upon us and judging us.

Personally I like to sow and knit in my room. My parents are so curious when they see me knitting in the family room, they don't voice it but they watch with wonder at why I could possibly want to knit in my spare time.

In my room I can listen to music and just soak. You may not be aware of what soaking is so I am going to teach you how to soak right now.

1. Close the door
2. Put on music that gets your emotions running wild(for me it is Jeff Pianki)
3. Lay down
4. Soak it in, with out thinking about anything in particular

You now know how to soak. Congratulations.

Sometimes I like to look at my room from the eyes of someone who has no idea who I am. I look at the chinese ornaments, the picture of paris, the fake roses, the sonic screwdriver, the hand made wooden box and the sowing kit.

And what do I think? It's fascinating. It's mesmerising.

I encourage you to soak, learn to love your room, and then look at your room from the perspective of someone who hasn't learned to love your room.

Sincerely, Sarah.

No comments:

Post a Comment